With input and funding from its partners, Accelerate Tectoria provides a structured venture development service designed to guide, coach and grow ambitious early-stage technology entrepreneurs. Delivered by VIATEC, the service is based on the BCIC Accelerator Network (BCAN) definition developed by the BC Innovation Council (BCIC). The service is designed to help our technology sector reach its maximum potential by supporting our local technology start-ups.
The Accelerate Tectoria mission is simple:
To increase the number of successful technology companies that start and grow in the Greater Victoria area.
Accelerate Tectoria provides programming that will enable us to strengthen our entrepreneurial culture. It will:
- Provide access to seasoned coaches, mentors, service providers and community partners
- Ensure that clients receive the timely guidance they need to avoid common pitfalls and mistakes, seize the proper opportunities at the right time
- Provide a physical place and an entrepreneurial culture for startup and early stage tech entrepreneurs in Greater Victoria
- Help clients to build their own networks to ensure the success of their ventures
- Bring together service ready and investment ready companies.
- Work in collaboration with similar entrepreneurial platforms (industry, government and academia) to serve Tectoria better.